Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Unless, of course . . .

  
. . . it was 1971.  Which would make more sense.  It was over 40 years ago, either way.  But I think I saw Gunther, and he was on the Red Unit, and Mitch Freddes tells me that the Red Unit played New Haven in the odd number years . . .
That's Mitch, over there  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



And this is Gunther. Mitch is still alive and kicking, and making people laugh. Gunther, unfortunately, is not. This is a link to an article about Gunther . . . Circopedia- Gunther Gebel-Williams   Mitch was on the Red Unit as well, but I'm not sure if he was there that early on (in 1971).


And this is Ron Jarvis . . .  Of all the clown photos I've seen in all the places I've seen them,
he reminds me the most of the Dylan looking clown that caught my eye that first time at the Greatest  Show on Earth.  But it can't be him, because he didn't go to Clown College until 1973 . . . and while I think he was on the Red Unit, I'm not sure.  And now I probably owe him $5.00 anyway, even though he couldn't have been the one. 

But whoever it was, and whenever it was, I'll always be grateful. Because from that day on, up to and including today, I've still always wanted to be a clown . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment