Sunday, April 15, 2012

Class of 1976 ( cont'd) . . .

I think I must have gotten a letter, or a packet, or something from RBB&BCC detailing reporting instructions and directions etc, but I don't have any of it left . . . I know from reading Clown Alley, Bill Ballantine's "salty and affectionate memoir" of his tenure at Clown College, that the class of 1976 convened on September 27, 1976, and I remember that I was overjoyed to confront Dick Brown again, this time with paperwork that demonstrated that I belonged.

Sometime near the beginning of the eight week course, I think, everyone got one of these . . .

I've seen this drawing reproduced in numerous places over the years, but I still have mine.  "Welcome to Clown College 1976."  Personally autographed by Mr. Bill Ballantine.  I never met Felix Adler, but I would have liked to.  Everything I've read or heard about him indicates that he was one of the all time greats.  It would have been something to see him work . . .

This is the list of students in the Class of 1976 . . .


The list was included in the graduation program.  This was the cover, again, Bill Ballantine artwork . . .
It was a most amazing 8 weeks.  Went by way too fast.  A blur of unicycles, stilts, juggling, slaps & falls, foam rubber, plywood, needles and thread, shopping for material, make-up, the greatest time of anticipation in my life, and finally, the greatest disappointment . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment