Saturday, February 18, 2012

Christmas, 1960 . . .

There were six people in my house growing up.  Mom, Dad, my two brothers, me and Mary.  That's Mary on the right, just above me.  My Dad's not in the picture anymore, because I think he just died.  I think this was taken on December 18, 1960.  My brother David isn't in the picture either.



I think that's because he took it.  He figured out really early that if he was taking the pictures, he didn't have to be in them.  Sometimes he shows up in family pictures, but usually it's a picture of him taking a picture of someone else . . . for instance, this is a picture that Dave took of my cousin Danny at my niece's wedding.




And this is the picture that Danny took of Dave . . .


If it wasn't for Dave, we wouldn't have a lot of pictures.  And since film went away, and he went digital, we have even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment