Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sophomore year . . .

This is my class in my sophomore year at LaSalette.  There were 48 of us when we started.  Now we were down to eighteen.  And three of these were added.  So we went from 48 to 15 in one year.  There was a lot of attrition . . . so I wondered, does God change His mind?  Or do people just think they hear Him?


Front row, left to right: Bernie Bordeau, Dennis Stagon, Bill Ostrowski, Roger Michaud, Victor Zielinski, Norman Butler, Gary Solnik and Cary Grant (really!)
Back row, left to right: George Brennan, Robert Harrington, Bruce the Clown, Joseph Smialowski, Doug Rousseau, Joe Sweeney, Ed O'Brien, Richard Franko, Roger Lessard and Gregory Barnes.

The names in italics left before graduation in 1966, but three more were added.  We graduated with a class of 14 (I finished third).   And my understanding is that out of that group, only Norman Butler and Victor Zielinski were subsequently ordained . . . 

Oh, and me.  But not as a priest.  I'm a Southern Baptist minister.  Some people know me as "Rev. Bruce the Clown."

No comments:

Post a Comment