Thursday, February 16, 2012

Family Photo, circa 1973 . . .

This is from sometime between 1973 and 1975.  I know because that's my VW Beetle in the back.  I bought it in 1973 when I started the Associate Degree Nursing program at University of Bridgeport.  That's Shush on the left.  If this is 1973, then he's 80. This is the only picture I have of him.  There are others, but they're in the family archives, and my access is limited . . . 


That's my mom next to him.  She would have been 49.  Then my brother Ken, and my brother Dave, 27, and 24. Then my nephew, KHW2, then my sister-in-law, Rita, then me, age 25.  Great hair, huh?  It looks remarkably like that even today, just not as brown . . .

That looks like a cigarette in my hand, so it must have been early in Nursing school- before they showed us the cancerous lung.  I wasn't always the brightest candle in the menorah . . .



1 comment:

  1. UB? That's right around where I grew up in Conneticut. I too had a VM super beetle convertible circa early '70s.

    ReplyDelete